We started with the classic and rare Vox Continental 300 dual manual organ and captured every nuance of the original, right down to the key contact timing and background noises.
We didn’t stop there, however. We also acquired a rare Jennings J70, which Tom Jennings created after he left Vox, and added a J70 mode to the voice engine. So you don’t just get one rare organ, you get two!
More than One Step Beyond the original
VOX Continental-V uses our TAE® modeling of analog circuitry to generate the upper and lower manuals and the bass pedals. You can access all of these either from multiple MIDI channels or from a single MIDI channel. There is also an impressive collection of vintage stomp boxes to process your sound. You can feed the output signal directly to your DAW or run the signal through a Leslie speaker or through a classic guitar amp with multiple models.
An artistic reference
The Vox was used on songs such as “House of the Rising Sun” (The Animals), “Light my Fire” (The Doors), “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida” (Iron Butterfly), “I’m a Believer” (The Monkees) and by artists such as Madness, Elvis Costello, The Velvet Underground, and many, many more.
- Physical modeling of the dual-manual VOX Continental 300 plus pedals
- Added models of the ultra-rare Jennings J70
- Upper manual, lower manual and bass pedal sections
- Percussion section with short and long decay times
- Includes classic stompbox-type modeled effects
- Leslie™ and guitar amp simulator outputs for vintage live sound
- Modeled amplifiers: *Fender Deluxe Reverb blackface, Fender Twin Reverb blackface, Fender Bassman, Marshall Plexi, Leslie speaker
- Modeled microphones: *Shure SM57, Sennheiser MD 421, Neumann U 87
- Convolution reverb with custom classic spring reverbs
- Classic red/orange VOX skin or UK VOX/Jennings grey skin
- Extended mode:
- Adds a full complement of drawbars for each harmonic
- Adds a new waveform drawbar to each section
- Adds a tremolo on/off switch
- Expanded percussion section
- Open mode:
- Vibrato, tremolo and reverb options
- Tuning controls for each pitch like a real VOX
- Key contact age control
- Background noise level control
- Supports MIDI splits or independent channels per manual
- Extensive MIDI mapping of pedals, effects and sound engine parameters
- Tight integration with Arturia Keylab MIDI Controller keyboards
- VST, VST3, AU, AAX and standalone operation