Shapechanger is our most ambitious analog computing module to date. Designed to take two continuous input voltages representing X and Y points on a display, Shapechanger processes the size, width, height, aspect ratio, symmetry, and curve of a resulting quadrilateral figure. Combined with Navigator for positioning and rotation of the figure, these modules provide a holistic 2D analog graphics engine suitable for direct video synthesis and vector rescanning techniques. A typical use case is to process the horizontal and vertical ramp waveforms generated by Visual Cortex, and receive a 2D shape output. The resulting shape can be modulated and combined with other video and pattern elements to create complex geometries for the final output video.
- 12 wideband analog multipliers and a dual channel signal path from input to output.
- Voltage controlled aspect ratio allows morphs from rectangles to square and diamond shapes.
- Voltage controlled symmetry allows morphs from squares to elongated diamonds and kites.
- Voltage controlled size performs high gain multiplication for a zooming effect. This is fundamentally different from using a key generator to create a 2D shape, and keeps gamma curve shaping independent from size modulation.
- Voltage controlled gamma curve allows continuous morphing from star to square to circle.
- Signal path performs at high frequency, video rate speeds from input to output.
- AC/DC input coupling switches and inverting level attenuators on all voltage control inputs.
- Separate mask (flat shape) and gradient (linear shape) outputs provide flexible tools for compositing and colorization.
- Dedicated H & V outputs for chained processing or vector rescanning techniques.
Weight 12 oz
Dimensions 6 x 4 x 3 in
Mounting Depth 1.75 inches (45 mm)
+12V Power Consumption 220 mA
-12V Power Consumption 220 mA