The Modal CRAFTrhythm is an 8 track drum sampler kit with a 16 step sequencer which can be assembled (without need to solder) in less than 10 minutes. The CRAFTrhythm can store up to 64 16bit mono samples with a sample rate of 44.1kHz and using the CRAFTapp users can upload their own sounds. Each track features a mixer, sample select, a tune control with 3 pitch modes, low pass resonant filter and 3 envelopes for amplitude, filter and pitch. 16 preset patterns can be stored on CRAFTrhythm with up to 16 part pattern chaining along with 8 kits that recalls track parameters.
- 8 track drum/percussion sampler kit with a 16 step sequencer, requires no soldering or electronics skills, tools or knowledge
- Can store up to 64 16-bit mono samples with a sample rate of 44.1kHz, and using the CraftApp users can upload their own samples
- Mixer stage per track with level and pan controls
- Low-pass resonant filter per track with a dedicated Attack-Hold-Decay envelope
- Amplitude Attack-Hold-Decay envelope per track
- Tune control with 3 different pitch modes – SPEED, STRETCH and SHIFT
- SPEED alters the pitch by playing the sample faster or slower
- STRETCH selects the number of steps the sample will be stretched to fit into, allowing for tempo matching for looped samples
- SHIFT activates a pitch shifting algorithm that maintains the same sample length along with a dedicated Attack-Hold-Decay envelope, which works well with samples containing melodic content
- 16 recallable patterns with up to 16 part pattern chaining
- 8 recallable kits that store the per track parameters for sonic changes on the fly
- Global tempo and tap tempo with a step division for semi-quavers, quavers and quarter notes
- Pattern groove control that up to half way increases the swing/shuffle amount and then provides 8 preset grooves that allow for triplets and other non-conventional rhythms
- Live input mode that allows steps to be played in while the sequencer is running
- Class-compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Headphone and line output
- Powered by USB Mini-B or optional AAA battery pack (Adafruit 727, 3 x AAA pack)
The Modal CRAFTsynth Monophonic Synthesizer Kit allows you to build up the synthesizer from 5 separate boards, with its simple yet effective design making it easy to assemble. The assembly process requires no soldering, tools or specialist knowledge, everything you need comes straight out of the box and allows you to slot the pieces together with ease. You can assemble the synthesizer within 10 minutes, giving you a hands-on experience when it comes to building your synth.
Powerful Monophonic Performance
The CRAFTsynth features 2 oscillators per voice with a range of controls for in-depth manipulation such as detune and fine detune for OSC 2 as well as a selection of different waveforms including: Sine, Tri, Saw PWM, Noise and FM (OSC2 modulates pitch of OSC1). This versatile range of controls allows you to sculpt your own synth sounds with ease. The LFO features six destinations in total including: VCA amplitude, filter cutoff, FM amount, OSC mix, PWM amount and pitch/frequency. This wide range of parameters allows you to create your own sounds with extreme precision, giving you in-depth control over every part of the sound. There is also a mixer stage of OSC levels, allowing you to further edit your sound for added depth and clarity. The Unison/Spread mode splits the oscillators into four separate sub oscillators per oscillator, virtually expanding your synth to a total of eight oscillators which are also de-tunable for a massive sound. The Modal CRAFTsynth is also fully USB-MIDI class-compliant, meaning it can be controlled by a wide range of popular DAWs, offering seamless integration for your favourite programs and applications.
LFOs and Presets
The Modal CRAFTsynth features four LFO wave forms in total, with each LFO being invertible for added versatility. The LFO wave forms are as follows; Sine, Tri, Saw, Square. This standard range of LFOs allows you to create everything from atmospheric pads to in-your-face leads and more. The resonant low-pass filter can become state variable when using CraftApp. CraftApp that comes included with the synthesizer allows you to get in-depth with your synthesis, giving you the ability to control custom enveloped, low-pass filters and more.
The highly intuitive layout of the Modal CRAFTsynth places everything you need right at your fingertips. The eight front panel potentiometers offer unparalleled editing control with two pages of editing functionality, allowing you to control parameters with precision. The CRAFTsynth also features 16 patch storage locations (expandable through CraftApp) as well as 16 recallable EG presets for ease of use (full editing control with CraftApp). The playable touch panel interface features five note keys plus controls for scale and glide time. The touch panel interface’s keys are clearly labelled with its primary function giving you the ability to change between scales and more. Delay and distortion effects are also included for adding harmonics and texture to your sound. A Headphone and Line output are included for direct monitoring as well as outputting the CRAFTsynth to speakers and other audio devices. The synthesizer itself is powered via a USB cable or an optional AAA battery pack.
Below is a download link for a 3D model of CRAFTsynth in various formats to aid users if they wish to design their own case or accessories:
DOWNLOAD 3D MODEL