The TR-909's clap featured one control the user could adjust: volume. That was not okay with us.
I'm a huge fan of house music. I love the 909 clap. So this is a module I agonised over features I wanted it to have for a long time. And here it is. I hope you find it as useful as I do!
Just like the other Mutant Drums, the Clap is a highly versatile module. It is actually a voltage controlled LFSR noise oscillator as well as a powerful percussion synthesis engine!
- Feature-rich, analogue handclap percussion synthesis reminiscent of the 909
- Pitch control of noise generator means you can create everything from vanilla 909 claps to broken, chiptune-like alien sounds
- Doubles as a voltage controlled, Commodore64-sounding noise VCO via the NOISE output and PITCH CV input
- SUSTAIN control lets you crank up the clap's sustain and use the module as an abstract synth voice with external inputs!
- External input allows you to synthesise claps from virtually any sound source you plug in
- Built in internal reverb effect derived from clap tone
- Reverb decay forms the decay of the clap sound, and is fully voltage controllable from short reverb "snaps" to long, whooshing tails!
- You can select between internal and external noise sources as the source for the reverb sound generation, opening up really interesting sounds
- DRIVE control lets you dial in anything from clean to extremely overdriven sounds
- Bandpass filter cutoff control
>> 13HP | 30mm DEEP | +75mA, -45mA
You may also like