A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY...
Back to the early 80’s, the Prophet 5 and Oberheim OB series dominated the polyphonic synthesizer market. Having that in mind the Jupiter-8’s success, initiated in 1981, took every one by storm.
AN ACCURATE RECREATION OF THE ROLAND JUPITER-8
The legacy of the Roland Jupiter synthesizers is due to their unique voice architecture and design, creating sounds that were so unreal that they have to be heard. For many musicians no other synths in the world can create analog sounds as cool and as authentic as these.
- The Jupiter-8 offers a very interesting combination of a high-pass non resonant filter and a low-pass resonant filter.
- The arpegiator and the keyboard split make it a remarkable performance keyboard.
- Fast envelopes and precise oscillators confer to the Jupiter-8’s sounds its famous versatility.
You can easily make 'phat' or ‘Crystal’ sounds with it.
With the Jupiter-8V Arturia brings this magic back while adding a new generation of features opening a unique and contemporary sound palette:
The Galaxy allows the user to choose from different LFO types and intertwine them together into a single unique modulation source, giving a new evolving element to the sound of the Jupiter 8.
The Jupiter's step sequencer is also an assignable modulation source, which allows for easily generated patterns to be used to control the many interesting parameters of the sound.
In addition to the step sequencer and Galaxy modulation sources, each voice now has its own suite of creative effects, which can be inserted into the main synthesizer signal path in each voice. Key parameters from each effect can be modulated by chosen sources, adding a new contemporary dimension to the traditional subtractive synthesis sound of the original Jupiter 8.
- Windows : Seven / Eight
- Mac OS X : 10.6 or higher, Intel only
- Works in Standalone, AAX (Pro Tools 11), VST 2.4 & VST 3, 32 & 64 bit, RTAS and AU 32 & 64 bit formats
- PC/Windows: 2 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU
- Mac (Intel only) : 2 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU
Jupiter-8V is protected by e-Licenser.
- Support for 64-bit VST and Audio Unit
- Support for Pro Tools 9 & 10
- Support for Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion)
- MIDI Control Assignment Improvement, more… (>release note)
- More than 400 high quality and innovative sounding presets
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony, and a Unison mode
- A unique audio structure featuring 2 oscillators per voice (16 oscillators in total), 2 LFO’s, 2 filters and 2 envelopes.
- Keyboard split and layer
- A set of Analog Sounding Effects: Dual Delay, Phaser, Flanger, all three being largely modulable by any audio source in the synth.
- 2 digital effects, X and Y.
- Additional Live-oriented Step-sequencer, additional Galaxy module for advanced modulations
- Set to Control with your external MIDI keyboard in just a few clicks.
- Full compatibility with major formats and hosts on Mac OS X and Windows XP (VST, AU, RTAS)
- Revolutionary preset navigation system called SoundMap