BASTL INSTRUMENTS 1983
BASTL INSTRUMENTS 1983
Regular price$32500 $325.00
- Free shipping over $99
- Easy returns
- Secure payments
- In Stock
NEW WEBSITE! HIT US UP FOR AN EXISTING ACCOUNT ACTIVATION!
NEW WEBSITE! HIT US UP FOR A PREVIOUS ACCOUNT ACTIVATION!
The 1983 is a polyphonic MIDI to CV interface with creative voice allocation and automatic tuning capabilities. There are four channels of CV and GATE outputs that can be configured in various Layouts, such as hybrid splits between monophonic and polyphonic voices or velocity, Control Change, aftertouch, triggers, clock or reset.
Each channel is able to LISTEN to simple waveforms from the oscillators, and with a single press of the TUNE button, the 1983 maps the response of each connected oscillator across all seven octaves. This way it ensures everything is in tune and with each other and that it responds to the MIDI notes correctly ( A4 = 440 Hz etc.). PURE MAGIC!
The TRANSPOSE jack shifts the outputs by semitones, fifths or octaves and the PORTAMENTO jack sets the glide time by CV.
The 1983 always stores the notes played in a legato sequence in a buffer, and the WINDOW jack allows for selecting which of these notes appear at the outputs.
When the UPDATE jack is used, it forces the outputs to update only when a trigger is detected.
This way a MIDI keyboard can be used as an input interface for harmonies and note sets that are further creatively processed with triggers and CV in the modular environment.
The quad Quantizer mode on the 1983 converts input voltages into semitones of scales defined either by playing notes into the MIDI input or by the buttons in the menu. This allows the 1983 to be used tuning correction device (quantizer) without the necessity or using MIDI.
Default tuning is A = 440Hz in equal temperament, but alternative tuning systems are possible with the µTune feature. It allows working with custom detuning of each semitone in the octave and therefore to work with just intonation and alternative tuning systems.
The 1983 has 4 channels of CV and GATE and these Outputs can be configured into several different LAYOUTS:
* 4-voice polyphony
* 3-voice polyphony + 1-voice monophony
* 2 monophonic voices with velocity
* 1 complex monophonic voice
* 4 monophonic voices
* 8 gates
* 4 gates with velocity
* 8 CC channels
* 4-channel QUANTIZER
* 4 channels of CV and GATE
* LISTEN input per channel for automatic tuning
* automatic tuning by a single press of a button (offset & scaling correction)
* several tuning systems (equal temperament, just intonation, A = 440/432 Hz etc.)
* LAYOUT selection (4 voice, 3+1 voice, 2 velocity voice, 4×1 voice, 1 voice, 8 gates, 8 CCs, 4 triggers + velocity, quantizer)
* each layout can map outputs of Channel D to MIDI Clock (adjustable divider) and Reset
* LEARN mode to assign MIDI channel and other properties
* UPDATE jack to quantize outputs to clock or trigger sequences
* WINDOW jack to creatively allocate notes in the buffer to available voices
* TRANSPOSE CV to shift outputs by semitones, fifths or octaves
* PORTAMENTO CV to adjust glide time
* Responds to MIDI Note On & Off, CC (also Sustain), Velocity, Pitch Bend, Clock, Aftertouch
* µTune scale editing per each semitone in octave
* 7 HP
* PTC fuse and diode protected 10 pin power connector
* 24mm deep
* power consumption +12: < 60mA, -12: