The successor to the widely acclaimed Elmyra, Elmyra 2 is a 4-voice digital/analog hybrid drone synthesizer and platform for microtonal sonic exploration, capable of creating anything from lush ambient soundscapes to gritty droning textures and shrieking noises, available as a 42 HP Eurorack module or semi-modular desktop synth. With 31 modulation targets, 4 polymetric sequencers, delay, additional per-voice effects, a choice of various filters, as well as onboard LFOs and utilities, it is essentially a purpose-built small modular system in itself. A set of preset cards (included) or electronic components like capacitors or diodes can be plugged into the front panel in order to change the sound character.
- 4 independent voices activated by touch or CV
- wavetable-based complex oscillator engine, up to 12 oscillators in total, 1V/octave compatible
- chromatic mode makes chords and harmonic sounds possible, microtonal scales supported
- 41 patch points
- 31 modulation targets
- touchpads with analog envelopes that can be used as modulation sources
- resonant filter switchable between:
- boomy and aggressive multimode 2-pole state variable filter (low-pass, band-pass, high-pass)
- creamy 4-pole low-pass ladder filter
- delay with unhealthy amounts of feedback
- lo-fi reverb
- analog OUCH circuit: a unique combination of destructive distortion, waveshaping and filtering
- sonic character can be customised by using special preset cards (set of 4 included) or components like diodes that can be plugged into the front panel
- preset cards can be used with other Neutral Labs modules
- external audio can be processed via audio input
- 9 per-voice modulations and effects:
- unison detune
- dual sub-oscillators
- sample rate reduction
- high-pass filter
- low-pass filter
- 2 LFOs: 1 sine, 1 complex morphable
- 4 sequencers with arbitrary step length per voice (up to 128), allows polymetric structures
- delay time and LFOs can be clock-synced or unsynced (tap tempo is also possible)
- dual attenuator/buffered multiple/voltage generator
- CV summing circuit
- case made of plant-based bioplastic and native German oak wood
- boutique synth handmade in Germany
Elmyra 2 will be available as an assembled synth or module, as well as a DIY kit, from 20th of July 2023.
Note: For sustainability reasons, the desktop version does not come with a USB power supply, just a USB-A to USB-C cable. You will need a 5V supply with a USB-A socket, such as a phone charger, power bank or laptop.
Note: Since this gets asked a lot, yes, the desktop version has a Eurorack power header and can be placed into a Eurorack. The desktop case however has 5V USB power and no Eurorack rails, you cannot use it as a 42 HP rack without modifications.