TOM OBERHEIM SEM PRO
TOM OBERHEIM SEM PRO
Regular price$1,19900 $1,199.00
- Free shipping over $99
- Easy returns
- Secure payments
- In Stock
NEW WEBSITE! HIT US UP FOR AN EXISTING ACCOUNT ACTIVATION!
NEW WEBSITE! HIT US UP FOR A PREVIOUS ACCOUNT ACTIVATION!
The reissue of the classic SEM monophonic analog synthesizer expander module. Originally released in 1974, the SEM is one of the classic discrete analog synths, with a huge, three-dimensional "fat" tone that must be heard to be believed. Tom's reissue cuts no corners- the circuitry is almost identical to original units. The only component changes were made due to unavailable parts, but the great tone has not been affected. No digital voice circuits, or thin-sounding analog "voice chips" here- only genuine hi-fi fat analog goodness.
The Tom Oberheim Synthesizer Expander Module Pro version, (SEM-PRO), incorporates twenty-one minijacks for signal access to the primary patchpoints in the sonic flow along with the MIDI-to-CV converter.
Each of the SEM-PRO instruments will be personally signed by Tom Oberheim.
SEM with MIDI to CV Converter and integrated patch panel. This version of the SEM combines the features of the MIDI to CV version with a 21-jack CV patch panel and is personally autographed by Tom Oberheim. 21 SEM connections are brought out to 3.5mm minijacks. The basic connections are a one-volt-per-octave VCO control voltage and a standard 0 to +5 volt gate signal.
This version includes a high precision MIDI to CV Converter that has been specifically designed to allow MIDI to control the SEM, and has additional features that make use of the SEM's external inputs. Some of the features of the MIDI to CV Converter are:
* Select MIDI channel, controller number and bend range
* Select note assignment modes: latest, high note and low note priorities
* Select note re-trigger, filter track, LFO reset
* A second independent control bus allows velocity, controller data, or channel pressure to modulate either or both VCOs, the filter and the VCA
* Transpose function allows different keyboard controllers to utilize the complete MIDI note range
* Analog portamento
* Input preamp gain control - allows an external audio input to be processed thru the SEM
* High precision A-440 Hz tune signal
* Control voltages and gate are bought out to rear panel connectors so MIDI to CV function can be used with other CV/Gate gear.