VINTAGE SYNTH LAB VCF-74 MK2
VINTAGE SYNTH LAB VCF-74 MK2
Regular price$24900 $249.00
- Free shipping over $99
- Easy returns
- Secure payments
- In Stock
NEW WEBSITE! HIT US UP FOR AN EXISTING ACCOUNT ACTIVATION!
NEW WEBSITE! HIT US UP FOR A PREVIOUS ACCOUNT ACTIVATION!
VCF-74 (MK2) : Voltage Controlled Filter Eurorack Module in 14HP
THE VCF-74 (MK1) HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED (NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION). It has been replaced with the VCF-74 "MK2" series module.
The VCF-74 MK2 is now shipping to dealers (as of 18-Oct-2017).
What are the changes for the new MK2 version of VCF-74?...
1. The faceplate will look exactly the same, except the addition of "MK2" nomenclature screen printed.
2. The audio signal path will have slightly lower frequency response as a result of component value changes.
3. The audio signal path will now use fewer coupling capacitors (more direct-coupled circuits mean better performance, less slewing).
4. Added buffer circuits at the input and final filter-to-output stage (which will improve performance)
5. Added calibration trim-pots for resonance control.
6. Revised "local" power supply filtering scheme to improve PSR for the discrete (Class-A) filter stages.
7. Added ESD protection (ESD suppressor diodes) to each front panel jack.
8. Changed power inlet header from 16P to 10P.
9. Widened range for LOW PASS cutoff control
Note: Depth is now 29mm (current draw is the same as 41mA for +12V, and 48mA for -12V
The VCF-74 is a 14HP voltage controlled filter in Eurorack format. VCF-74 features a dual analogue high-pass and low-pass filter, cascaded (series, from HP > LP). The discrete diode filter circuit is inspired by the 1970s Univox Mini-Korg synthesizer's "Traveler" filter section which provides warm, organic sound to your modular system. However, this design was not only adapted for Eurorack, but is feature enhanced for a wide array of possible filter characteristics.
A stage boost switch allows you to drive the 2nd filter section (Low-Pass) with a +5.3dB signal boost from the High-Pass output signal creating a warm saturation and varied resonance to signal ratio/dynamics. Independent manual resonance controls per filter section allows you to fine-tune a wide variety of focused sound. Input and Output level controls allow you to optimize dynamic range, including how hard you drive the filter--which drastically changes the dynamic interplay between signal and harmonic resonance. Both High-Pass and Low-Pass circuits have independent cutoff controls. Independent CV inputs for cutoff and resonance of each filter section, and attenuation/gain for CV to cutoff provide superior control over filter behavior. The VCF-74 can be set up as a Low-Pass, High-Pass, or Band-Pass filter. Width of the Band-Pass can be adjusted by simply dialing in the offset controls appropriately.
Check out the audio/video Demos on YouTube here.(note: these are vides for the VCF-74 MK1 ! ...we will update this link as soon as we have audio/video demos for the MK2 (coming soon).
Also: Check out our quick start guide for more details. (same as MK1 version)
Input and Output jacks:
Current draw: 41mA (+12V); 48mA (-12V)